You check the cupboard, but there's nothing but tin food and stale peanuts. You're feeling chocolate chip cookies, so you sigh and decide to bake some.
Now if you're anything like me, you don't really want to spend more than 20 minutes tops baking.
Well, here's an easy peasy, super simple and quick cookie recipe for you!!
* This recipe will make approx. 40 cookies
- halve the recipe if you can't be bothered separating the mixture 40 times/ waiting for 40 cookies to bake!
Here's what you'll need
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar (I use castor sugar)
- 3/4 cup of packet brown sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- chocolate chips (the more the better!)
Here's what to do
1. Preheat the over to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Cream the butter, both sugars and vanilla together (use an electric mixer unless you want to spend an our on this step!).
3. Beat the eggs into the mixture.
4. In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add this to the butter mixture and beat together (take your time with this step! Trust me, if you add it all at once it'll go everywhere when you turn the mixer on and you'll spend forever cleaning it up!).
5. Stir in the chocolate chips, the more you add, the more chocolatey deliciousness!
6. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a greased or paper lined tray. Don't stress too much about the size, just make sure they're spread out - you don't want to spend time cutting cookies apart!
7. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes, or until you're just so damn hungry and tired of waiting you don't care anymore!
9. Don't forget to taste test along the way! Seriously, I end up eating half my mixture before the cookies even make it into the over! Oops!!
So there you have it, that's my easy peasy, lazy millennials cookie recipe!
You can add anything else you want to make the cookies super yummy, marshmallows, m&m's, the choices are endless. Just don't spend too much time deciding, you have plenty of doing nothing to get back to you lazy millennial you!
And remember, it doesn't matter what the cookies look like, just what they taste like!
So, tell me, what's your favourite lazy day recipe or go to snack!?
The Millennial Blogger